Introduce yourself

Home Forums Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 403 total)
  • Author
    fiza0805
    Participant

Greetings everyone, I’m Hafizah from Malaysia.
    I signed up for this course because I want to learn more about applied sports psychology.
    My favorite sport? well, I enjoy watching football (soccer) and fast-paced sports.
    I don’t play any sport since high school and I’m not involve with coaching either.
    I did have some experiences practicing sports psychology with our athletes here in Malaysia for a couple of years. After that I focused more on research.
    I hope to improve my knowledge on tips and tricks of applied sports psychology via this course. And I hope that my confidence in applying sports psychology to real world will increase as well.

fiza0805
    Participant

Greetings everyone, I’m Hafizah from Malaysia.
    I signed up for this course because I want to learn more about applied sports psychology.
    My favorite sport? well, I enjoy watching football (soccer) and fast-paced sports.
    I don’t play any sport since high school and I’m not involve with coaching either.
    I did have some experiences practicing sports psychology with our athletes here in Malaysia for a couple of years. After that I focused more on research.
    I hope to improve my knowledge on tips and tricks of applied sports psychology via this course. And I hope that my confidence in applying sports psychology to real world will increase as well.

Alihojati
    Participant

Hi,
    My name is ali, I have graduated from Tehran university in Iran. I have signed up in this course so as to gain first hand and practical knowledge in this field. Since this course has been produced by dr peter terry, I strongly believe this course provide valuable information about mental training.
    Thanks a lot

esmaeelsaemi
    Participant

Hi Neil,
    I am Esmaeel saemi, a PhD candidate in motor behavior from IRAN, my main research interest is on attentional focus strategies and its effects on motor skill learning and performance. I am very glad I am here and can learn more about sport and exercise psychology.
    Best,
    E.S.

Amir Hashmi
    Participant

Hello!

I’m Amir from Malaysia, I come from a road cycling background. I am currently a part time level 1 coach in Triathlon working with young teenagers. I’ve always been interested in the mental aspect of an athlete much more then the physical training an athlete does daily. I plan to eventually become a fulltime coach and I hope this course will advance my knowledge in this field.

Amir

majdeddin mostaan
    Participant

Hello, I’m majdeddin mostaan from iran.
    I have signed up for this course to refresh and gain knowledge after completing my Masters in Psychology of Sport at the Islamic Azad University Karaj Branch, Iran.I play and coach kungfu & Bodybuilding but my main sporting background is in kungfu.I am excited to share my knowledge of sport psychology with everyone and learn from others!

Jatt
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m Jatt from Malaysia.

Why you have signed up for this course?
    -i train several national level athletes so i want to learn more on enhancing psychology

What is your favourite sport?
    -american football, football

Do you play sport or involved in coaching?
    -flag football. and yes i coach the Malaysian moto riders for their world championship (Moto3 in MotoGP)

Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology?
    -i used to learn in my uni sports science program

What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    -an applied practical application of psychology on how to implement to my clients and athletes

Looking forward to this course!

lauren704913
    Participant

Hi, I’m Lauren. I am currently studying A level psychology with modules involving sport. I am interested in sports outside of my academic time, specifically gymnastics. I hope that this course will give me some further knowledge which may be beneficial in the future.

Ryan Neo
    Participant

Hello everyone, I’m Ryan from Singapore.
    I’ve decided to sign up for this course to enhance my knowledge on sport psychology.
    I play competitive floorball and have coached some teams on an adhoc basis.
    I graduated with a degree in psychology from the university of wollongong and have been working with athletes from many sports to improve their mental performance since a year ago.
    I’m looking forward to gain more insight into sport psychology from this course so that I can value add to the current mental skills training model I am applying in my work.

Ya-Chiao Yu
    Participant

Hallo,I’m Jo from Taiwan.I’m a college student.
    I signed up for this course because I want to know more about sport psychology.
    I enjoy in lots of sports,such as tennis,table tennis,badminton and basketball. My favorite sport is basketball.
    I have no experience about sport psychology.So I hope I can learn more specialized knowledge after this course.

Neil Martin
    Keymaster

Thanks everybody for sharing. A common thread amongst you all is a desire to learn more about sport psychology and some of the techniques used.

This course will give you a solid foundation in a number of mental skills training strategies. We’ve tried to make it as accessible as possible, but you will also notice that the free textbook Secrets of Asian Sport Psychology goes into a little more depth.

Tracey
    Participant

Hi, I’m Tracey from New Zealand.

I signed up for the course to learn more about sport psychology and the opportunity to develop skills and a mental training program for myself and others I plan to work with in future.

My favorite sport and one I participate in is IPSC target shooter (recreational level). I also like to try out different sports for general fitness and fun. I have never coached.

I work as a health psychologist focusing on managing people’s health risks and adjustment to injury and disease. I am interested in sport and performance psychology as I want to expand my work.

It is also exciting to connect with others who are interested in this field and the ability to learn at my own pace while working. Thanks for the opportunity!!

Ana Delchevska
    Participant

Hello,

I am Ana. I come from Skopje, Macedonia.
    I have a Bachelor degree of psychology.
    I have a keen interest in sport psychology. My research graduation paper was in the field of sport psychology (in fact it was interdisciplinary – combining sport and social psychology).

I signed up for this course to get a deeper knowledge of elite sport psychology and widen my views.
    I expect to get an insight into the practice and application of sport psychology, mainly because in my country there is no coverage for this (psychology) topic.

My favourite sport is basketball.
    I am a recreational sport enthusiast, currently enrolled in a yoga training process.

Salute!

Ong Chuan Leong
    Participant

Hi,

I am Chuan Leong from Singapore.

1. Why you have signed up for this course?

I currently work in the sports industry, with experiences in Major Games, sports policies and coach development. I have always been keen about high performance sports and understanding how and why humans think and behave in sports. Thus, I feel that sports psychology would be able to give me the answers to these questions and so I signed up for this course.

2. What is your favourite sport?

My favourite sport has always been football (otherwise known as soccer) for the past 20 years, although I do read about/watch other sports from time to time. I was a recreational footballer who played in inter-class and public service competitions, and have always supported Manchester United.

3. Do you play sport or involved in coaching?

As above – though I have not coached teams, I am always interested in understanding how coaches work, having seen top football coaches like Alex Ferguson, Louis van Gaal, Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp in action.

4. Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology?

While I do not have practical experience in psychology, I have read books/articles about the human psyche and behaviours in the past, and how various factors (e.g. socio-economic, situational, values) contribute to those thinking and behaviours.

5. What are you hoping to get out of this course?

To learn as much about sports psychology as possible!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Ong Chuan Leong. Reason: Typo error
    yawen
    Participant

Hello, my name is Ya-Wen Liu from TAIWEN. My major in dance and I would like to know more about sport psychology. thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 403 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.