Introduce yourself

Home Forums Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 403 total)
  • Author
    marissa_philippines
    Participant

Hi! I am Marissa from the Philippines! I am taking this online course to further develop my research and practice in the field of sport psychology. I am eager to learn from the experiences of others and to share my own experiences in the field. Glad to be in this course 🙂

Rafael Dubois
    Participant

Hello everybody.

I am Rafael Dubois from Miami Fl, originally from Caracas Venezuela. I am actually in my second year of my masters in Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology at Barry University in Miami Shores Fl. I signed up for this course, to learn about different perspectives and different ideas of how we can work with athletes. We are in a field that we never stop learning new things! The more we learn the better practitioners/professionals we are going to be. My favorite sport is Baseball, basketball and surf. I have playing experience in baseball in the high school and some college level. So far I have supervised experience in sport psychology, working with individuals and some teams at the collegiate and high school level. What I am trying to get out of this course, like I mentioned before is to keep learning and have different perspectives of how to work with different populations and different level of athletes. Looking forward to work with all you guys!!!

Rafael

SapnaA.
    Participant

I am Sapna from India and I am doing this course with an intention to learn more about application of Sports Psychology in actual sports settings.

My areas of specialization/interest are Adapted Physical Education and Psychology.

I am very excited to be a part of this program and look forward to having an amazing learning experience !

Best Regards 🙂

cmama629
    Participant

Hi, I’m Christie from the U.S. I love all sports, but my professional work focus is on ice hockey. I am also a figure skater myself. I have been practicing sport psychology for upwards of 20 years in various capacities. I wanted to take the course because I am always looking to learn new things and broaden my perspective. I hope to gain an understanding of how sport psychology is applied in practice around the world.

iskolaratleta58
    Participant

Hello Everyone ! I am A. a fresh grad of Sports Science . i became interested in taking this course because first, I love swimming! Actually, I am a swimming instructor and an Age-group coach of a local swimming club in the Philippines. I took this course because although I already took one subject regarding sports psychology during my college years, I would still want to further my knowledge regarding mental strength, arousal, confidence and etc. to help my kids overcome their fears and control their emotions for a better performance in their training especially in their races. With the help of the things that I will be learning from this course, I will be able to share my knowledge to my athletes to help enhance their performance and bring out the best in them.

spats1
    Participant

Hello to everyone. I am Asti. I just want to refresh my knowledge. Regards to Terry

Wara Rahma
    Participant

Hi, I’m Wara from Jakarta, Indonesia. Now, I work as a clinical psychologist in a hospital that provides health services especially for athletes, but I have no educational background in sports psychology, so I am excited to start this course.
    I hope I could better understand the psychological characteristics of athletes so that I can encourage them to maximize their potential and performance. Within an incredible athlete, I believe there are healthy soul, positive thoughts, and remarkable spirit.
    Let’s start learning.

Neil Martin
    Keymaster

Thanks once again everybody for sharing. So many interesting backgrounds and perspectives.

leopoldoferrer
    Participant

Hi professor. I have a doubt.
    The web page “The role of sport psychologist” https://www.elitesportpsy.org.au/topic/sport-psychologist/
    Is it open today?
    The system say me “you have not unlocked this page… Click on the complete button”. But I didn´t found this button in previous page of the course.

Neil Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Leopoldo,

Did you mark the proceeding page at https://www.elitesportpsy.org.au/topic/categories-of-psychological-influence/ complete first. We have prepared a short video at https://www.elitesportpsy.org.au/how-to-navigate-this-course/ to help with course navigation.

Neil

Julio Abraham
    Participant

Hi, I’m Julio form the Philippines. I signed up for this course because I plan to take up a masters in Sport Psychology in the future. My favourite sport is football (soccer) and I’ve been playing it for almost 18 years. I’ve also coached a few kids during summer modules in my old high school as well as help manage the alumni club. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines, but I unfortunately did not have much experience in sport psychology as there is a big lack of the course here in my country. I am hoping to get a better understanding of sport psychology as well as learn the basics to this field in psychology.

Chen HAO
    Participant

Hello, I’m CHEN HAO from TAIWAN.My major is Sport and Exercise Psychophysiology.
    I have signed up for this course to refresh and gain knowledge . I am also partaking in this course to improve my blog, Clear Mind, Full Performance.
    I play and coach Taekwondo.
    I am excited to share my knowledge of sport psychology with everyone and learn from others!

hello,
    i am Panagiotis from Greece. I am a PE teacher and on June i will finish my master in Exercise and Sport Psychology. The sports i have engaged are Basketball and Kick-Boxing. I have signed up for this course to gain more knowledge in mental skills training and additionally for practical application

Vishva
    Participant

Hello
    I am Vishva Dhiman from India.My Favorite sport is Basketball. I singed up to gain knowledge of sports psychology and later on ready to apply on my athlete and share it with my students.

Chen HAO
    Participant

HAHA, I Think maybe we have the same hobby. Especially of coaching .In the future maybe we can share many useful information each other .Dont be shy ! just sharing each other happily.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 403 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.