Introduce yourself

Home Forums Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 403 total)
  • Author
    Percy
    Participant

Hi I’m Emma,
    Why you have signed up for this course?
    I am taking this program as an introduction to elite sport and in particular I am interested in the mental skills and abilities elite sportspersons attain. I would like to apply these skills to my own team and sport.
    What is your favourite sport? Dragon Boat Racing
    Do you play sport or involved in coaching?
    I am involved with dragon boat racing on a regular basis and also do personal training on a regular basis.
    Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology? Some.Mainly psychology.
    What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    An improved knowledge on mental skills and ability to build a comprehensive range of skills and new learning.

rwalker100
    Participant

Hi my name is Ruth

Why you have signed up for this course?
    I have signed up for this course to help enhance my knowledge in this particular area, as I am a student getting ready to apply into my schools Athletic Training Program.

What is your favorite sport?
    My favorite sport is field hockey.

Do you play sport or involved in coaching?
    I played field hockey all the up to college, where I played with my team for 4 years.

Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology?
    No i do not have any experience.

What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    Gain more knowledge,especially since I am seeking to advance my career as an athletic trainer.

Mel
    Participant

Hi! I am Melvin from Singapore. Currently in the UK taking on my Masters in Sports and Exercise Psychology. I wanted to explore beyond what my classroom could offer, as I always believe in that learning is a never ending process.

I play volleyball, frisbee, bowling, table tennis and badminton, but my favourite would be volleyball I guess. Coaching experience wise, I only went back to my alma mater in my secondary school to coach my juniors, but that’s all the experiences, so in the field of coaching, it is quite limited.

Sport Psychology experience wise, I am currently working with several clubs in Newcastle itself to enhance their performance. Looking around for more opportunities

Hoping to learn more about the realm of what sport psychology can offer, and to probably share a little of my experience

dominic3008
    Participant

Hi!

My name is Dominic and I am from Malaysia. I love badminton and I have been a badminton coach for over 12 years.

Mental training is of equal importance if not more than strategy, physical, skill or tactical training.

I had a bit of mental training knowledge when I was assisting Frederick Tan, a sports psycologist with the Malaysia badminton team in 2009. It was a 4-days mental training course for the national singles team including Lee Chong Wei and another 4 days for the national doubles team.

Since then I have applied some of the techniques in mental training for my younger players though I did modified them a bit due to their younger ages, the results were overwhelming. I am still in touch with Fred after all these years and I am never tired of expanding my knowledge on mental training!

Regards
    Dominic

Joshua Elder
    Participant

Hi, my name is Josh. I like basketball.

Teake Manatu
    Participant

Hi, I’m Teake. I am willing to take up this course of fulfilling my dream to work in the sports Industry.

CindyB
    Participant

Hi Im Cindy & I’m a boxing coach. I believe in developing athletes as a whole in helping them to achieve their full potential.

mjb22
    Participant

Hi
    My name is MJ, I am a provisional psychologist in Sydney interested in Sports Psychology. I enjoy playing soccer/football.

jimszone
    Participant

Hi,my name is Jim from Canada. I’ve been interested in how people excel for most of my life. I have been active in football, hockey, track, marathons, baseball and curling. In the last 15 years, I developed a part-time mental training program for amateur and professional athletes. Although I have retired from my previous work in organizational development and knowledge management I am now spending more time as a mental game trainer and continue to be interested in learning more. My background training – Psychology graduate (honours), Sociology and grad business courses. I have also received certification as a Certified Knowledge Manager, counsulting hypnotist and have completed master certification in NlP and completed German New Medicine – Level IV.
    This course seems to provide a great opportunity to learn and discuss with others some of the key strategies in elite sports performance. Thanks for putting this out to the public.

Markm
    Participant

Hello folks my name is Mark and I used to have difficulty completing tertiary assignments. I’m interested in helping young people achieve their personal and sporting potential through Trainer by their minds. I’ve been a competitive cricketer, touch football player, cyclist, tennis player and triathlete in the past and particularly enjoy adventure sports such as rock climbing and mountain biking.

MikeTredway
    Participant

Hi,

My name is Mike, I live in South Africa, and I am keen to complete a course in Sport Psychology.

I have studied a general psychology degree, and would like to focus my attention on Sport Psych.
    I am an avid trail runner, and have recently become involved in organising a trail running event.

GolfNut71
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m not sure whether anyone is out there as it seems this course was completed some time ago. My name is Fred and my interest is in the application of sports psychology. My sport is Golf.

I am interested in finding out the best way to apply psychological practices to enhance my own golf game. I do coach some junior golfers and I would like to find some way to enhance their abilities through visualisation or self talk (the productive type).

I am hoping to gain insight into how I can turn my own self talk into something that assist me on the golf course. At present, it seems to hinder my game. i.e. I look at a water hazard on the right hand side of the fairway and choose to aim away from it, only to hit my shot straight into the water.

I have struggled with self talk in sport and work for my whole life and I would like to alter this to make it positive.

edbenier
    Participant

Hi – My name is Ed from Perth Western Australia. I own and work in a Leadership – Coaching company, working to improve the performance of business leaders. I also have many sporting interests including Australian rules football, golf, cricket, hockey and many others. We have also worked with a number of sporting elite clubs and teams. There are many similarities across the sporting and business fields that I would like to understand better. I believe strategies in one area can also prove useful in different disciplines. therefore doing this course hopefully will give me some insights into best practice sports psychology that could be relevant for business application as well.

Hello

I am doing this course to help my son with his sports

jditomma
    Participant

Hi there everybody!
    My name is Jai (Pronounced like the letter “J”) and is short for my full name Jannion.
    I have had a life full of sport and coaching, and I am 61 years old. I am currently a member of the Vladswim coaching team. Vladswim coach adults, with a number of our swimmers training for the Ocean 7 international channels. I am also training to swim the English Channel in 2 relays this August. I know from my sporting history, that I experience speed-bumps now and then, and had one last Friday. I remembered one of our swimmers had taken this course just before he swam at cold camp, and I had seen a remarkable difference to his outlook. So I am hoping for the same, but coupled with that I will be able to help other swimmers to their goals, and will reference this course to our FB site for others who also may feel “shakey” at times.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 403 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.