I am Chuan Leong from Singapore.
1. Why you have signed up for this course?
I currently work in the sports industry, with experiences in Major Games, sports policies and coach development. I have always been keen about high performance sports and understanding how and why humans think and behave in sports. Thus, I feel that sports psychology would be able to give me the answers to these questions and so I signed up for this course.
2. What is your favourite sport?
My favourite sport has always been football (otherwise known as soccer) for the past 20 years, although I do read about/watch other sports from time to time. I was a recreational footballer who played in inter-class and public service competitions, and have always supported Manchester United.
3. Do you play sport or involved in coaching?
As above – though I have not coached teams, I am always interested in understanding how coaches work, having seen top football coaches like Alex Ferguson, Louis van Gaal, Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp in action.
4. Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology?
While I do not have practical experience in psychology, I have read books/articles about the human psyche and behaviours in the past, and how various factors (e.g. socio-economic, situational, values) contribute to those thinking and behaviours.
5. What are you hoping to get out of this course?
To learn as much about sports psychology as possible!
- This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Ong Chuan Leong. Reason: Typo error