Your imagery experiences

Home Forums Course Discussion Forum Imagery Discussion Your imagery experiences

This topic contains 53 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Ramesh 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

I had learnt the imagery in my master degree as a part of Topic. But practically I never applied TO any athletes but I tried to practice myself while in the bed and Before the competition but still I confuse whether its work or not. Now its give me more understanding through video and practice. Thanks a lots.

iskolaratleta58
    Participant

i can be distracted easily. but when i start to put on my headphones and listen to music, i can easily see the images in my mind. in imagery, you should be focused to see clear pictures in your head and to feel, see and smell all the things you’ve been thinking all at the same time. In my Sports Psychology class, it was said that you should also do imagery of the worst possible situations so that you would know how to handle those (if ever i happens).

Vincent Yeo
    Participant

I feel that imagery is a very useful & powerful tool. By creating in your brain what may potentially occur and how you will respond to it makes a person more prepared and able to overcome any potential obstacles.

Victoria Chan
    Participant

I was able to visualize the imagery with color, sound and touch. However, I also encountered difficulties similar to the other participants with taste and smell. Hopefully with more practice it would come naturally.

chuichisum
    Participant

It can be beneficial to athletes if they practice visualization on daily basis.Practicing it on simple things, such as exercises, grocery shopping, food preparation.That way they can attain confidence in the technique itself and can ease the use of it for bigger actions and events.

Chen HAO
    Participant

In my opinion , it is very hard to focus causes impatience, however the rest is pretty awesome comfortable, especially when the full resolution images, color, feeling . Experience has shown that it is the guiding thoughts before the competition and even when it is very useful, and must be exercises, such as elite athlete.

Jason von Stietz
    Participant

For some reason, deliberate imagery has always been challenging for me. I tried using imagery as an athlete several times in the past. My mind would often drift and I would have trouble sticking to a regimen of daily imagery exercises. I think one of the big benefits of working with a sport psychology consultant is having someone to keep you motivated and on task.

As I tried the imagery exercises for this course, I noticed that sights and sounds were most vivid and controllable for me whereas feelings, taste, and smells were difficult to generate. I also noticed that as I continued to recreate physical activity using imagery my mind wandered more and more. I seem to not have much imagery “endurance” at this point. I look forward to learning more about imagery. I credit much of my success (and failure) as a high school athlete to all the daydreaming I did about possible successes and failures. I believe if I had taken more control of my “daydreaming” I would have been much more successful.

olivewani
    Participant

In soccer, I love the sound of the ball being kicked from ground level. From hearing the sounds of the impact given to the ball, one knows whether it is a good kick or not. With that comes the technique and power.

Being a soccer player myself, I found that each of us has our own speciality. We can take an idol as an example. But to imagined doing the same kicks is far than difficult as they are paid professionally to play football whereas us here is not till national levels. But however, it is good to imagine as it teaches me to be focus and keeps on trying to get the perfect kick.

KAO CHIH-CHIEN
    Participant

I tried to match some of the things will happen, and thinking about how to achieve really helpful to me, I really like imagery training.

Afrooz Mousavi
    Participant

I think using imagery is useful in all of important performance. For example a psychologist can imagine have a active session, and have a good presentation for their athletes.

Ya-Chiao Yu
    Participant

I think imagery is very useful in many games. When I image will win the championship I have more confident to play the game,and do better performance.

JHIH-SYUAN YU
    Participant

I’m a baseball player, so I used the imagery is a tool, he was able to effectively enhance my self-confidence as well as technical, but when I try something new images, such as eating a lemon, is not able to immediately feel an acid taste, Imagery is a need training !!

Wendy
    Participant

When I was a swimmer, I had learnt the imagery which a part of training.
    I often applied it when I before the competitions of swimming, when I did it before the competitions, I got more self-confident, calm. However, it was useful to me and improvement my sport performance

taheinrich
    Participant

Statistics have shown, that when mastered, imagery is a very successful technique to use. As someone stated above the way Michael Phelps has mastered his imagery is something all athletes should strive for. I think it would be most beneficial to increase confidence by imagining yourself doing everything right and then move on to the more difficult scenario of seeing everything go wrong.

M N Viswanath
    Participant

I have not used imagery on myself because I act more through `intuition’- once I get a hunch that I can do something successfully I go after it with practical efforts till it is achieved.I somehow don’t get the vividness of a visual image. Perhaps I should work more on it. But I try Visualization and imagery on the athletes who come to me for performance enhancement. I gradually introduce them to visualization and imagery through some simple techniques like- the pendulum exercise, imagining the arm is like a steel rod, hand levitation[balloon and heavy object] or eating their favourite dish/ ice cream/ peeling off an orange- I ask them to bring all the senses in to play. I take them through some imagery exercises like imagining the things in their room, travelling to practice/school/college, travelling along a scenic country road, or viewing the sunset on a beach etc. I familiarize them with these before taking them along to the actual imagery/visualization in a sport setting[ used for different behaviours].

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  M N Viswanath. Reason: I wanted to correct the word `haunch' to hunch
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.