Secrets of Asian Sport Psychology

Home Forums Course Discussion Forum Mood and Emotion Discussion Secrets of Asian Sport Psychology

This topic contains 16 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Ramesh 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

jditomma
    Participant

That was really interesting.
    I did not realize the principles behind Judo. I actually think we should introduce it to all primary schools here in Australia for mind body and long term development of intact self-esteem.
    And I did not realize that India was so strong in pistol shooting. I knew of cricket and a friend of mine has spent time re-birthing hockey, but I did not realize their greatness in this sport.
    Very interesting on both fields
    And yes I can see both these sports require and develop strong mental skills

Christopher Ramesh
    Participant

Though different in nature and scope, both Judo in Japan and Shooting in India have quite a few things in common as follows:
    1. Japanese Judo and Indian shooting followed traditional methods of “strict practice and physical training” for long until they realized that modern and scientific methods are essential for success. Japanese Judo Olympic teams, and successful Indian shooters like Rathore and Bindra are good examples of this paradigm shift.
    2. Both Judo and shooting thrive on the principles “flexibility overcomes stiffness” and “efficient use of energy” for optimum results.
    3.Judo and shooting strive to overcome “Excess tension, negative emotions, and random thoughts” which would play spoil sport.
    Since both Japan and India are steeped in cultures that promote control of mind and body through martial art and yoga or meditation respectively, both the sports suit the athletes of these countries naturally.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.