Messing with tradition

Home Forums Course Discussion Forum Music Discussion Forum Messing with tradition

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 49 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Ramesh 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

aemax21
    Participant

I don’t see a problem with playing music before a tennis match. I know people have a personal preference on sport culture and whether music can be played before a tennis match or if it would be better to keep it in the locker room. I don’t watch tennis very often, but I don’t usually see tennis players with headphones on before a match. I don’t know if it’s because I don’t watch the sport very often or if it’s because it’s played during warm ups. The sport’s culture is changing, and differences in opinion will change with it.

jditomma
    Participant

Really – I have no opinion on this
    It would be up to debate between the players and the event council to decide. I have participated in State Athletic Championships (10k road) and they do not allow music apparatus to be worn or used during the event. It is up to the professional body as just part of the rules they would like to see and adhere to

Relstri
    Participant

I understand the reasons for Martina’s argument, she played in an era where a different approach to the game. For instance, it was impossible to listen to music by using a small device, a beatbox would not have been appropriate. Nowadays technology has improved and can one listen to music without disturbing others….

I think music helps players get into the zone. Listening to music while entering the court may not necessarily be disrespectful on my own part. Maybe the players are just trying to get relaxed before the match. And not disrespect the crowd or opponent.

Christopher Ramesh
    Participant

As nature of sports, performance, and training have changed over the time, I think sports bodies have to rethink about their tradition and be accommodative. Till then, sportspersons should be sensitive to the tradition of the place they play in.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.