Introduce yourself

Home Forums Introduce yourself

This topic contains 401 replies, has 367 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Dickson 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 402 total)
  • Author

Lean Xin Ying
    Participant

Hi,
    my name is Lean Xin Ying and I’m from Malaysia.

Why you have signed up for this course?
    I’m interested in applied sports psychology, and currently taking degree in Sport Science (Sports Psychology), and I want to explore more beyond the lecturer series.

What is your favourite sport?
    Yoga

Do you play sport or involved in coaching?
    I play Taekwondo and Wushu for several years.

Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology?
    No, I don’t have any experience.

What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    Expanding my knowledge in psychological skills training.

Arthur
    Participant

Hello,

It’s Arthur here.

– It’s free, provides certificate and based on reputable sources
    – Ice hockey
    – Both
    – Yeap
    – Compare my opinions and views on sports psychology, expand my knowlegde, study useful techniques

Marian Lagundino
    Participant

Hi! I am Marian from the Philippines. I signed up for this course because some of my students are athletes and I want to learn more about their psychological needs. I want to be able to offer services to teams in my University and be able to share my knowledge with other athletes in the provinces of our country.

Lturrini
    Participant

Hi everyone

My name is Luca and I am an ultra-distance runner.
    I enjoy taking on big feats such as 12 hours and 24 hours running events and other unusual challenges mainly because of their mental component.

I have signed up for this course as I’ve recently started coaching, and the focus of my coaching is to improve the confidence, self-belief and other mental skills. Over and above the physical training.

I do not have experience in psychology or sports psychology. I am interested in the topic so I keep myself abreast with mainstream books on the topic.

I am hoping to develop skills and learn the basis of sports psychology to help me as an athlete, coach and to instil further interest to continue to study the subject in a more formal way.

thank you for the opportunity
    Luca

Relstri
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am Jean. When I first started coaching in the mid-90’s no one talked about using sports psychology however over last 10 years this has become more and more part of my daily routine during practice. Maybe I have to rephrase this, we were not aware that we were using psychology whilst working with athletes back then. We already trying to adapt our methods of coaching and were setting goals, although was more at an ad-hoc base. Since the introduction of the internet, and other technologies we are more aware of the developments that are taking place around the globe. To be honest it makes all more fun and it becomes almost something you can touch….

Malcolm Hutton
    Participant

Malcolm Hutton FAPsS Retired but now coaching lawn bowls. previously occupational/organisational psychologist, also some counselling. Looking for ideas which will help in mental approach to lawn bowls.

Hi am Deborah from Nigeria. I signed up for this course to help myself as I pursue a career in coaching. I play tennis and I hope to be a great female coach in my country. I want to learn a lot from sport psychology to improve myself as I play profrssionally and others as I become a coach soon.

Clifford Morgan
    Participant

Hi, My name is Clifford Morgan. I’m a Reserve Air Force Psychologist who has an opportunity to do some performance coaching with Fast Jet pilots. Looking forward to enhancing my knowledge of sports and performance techniques to complement my existing coaching skills.

JJV220364
    Participant

Hi I am John from Brisbane.

I am a Psychologist who currently provides various Coaching & performance enhancement strategies etc within my work. I also coach a tennis player who I would like to go further with specific sports psych techniques.

I would like to do this course so I can become better at using sports psychology principles within my day to day work & for tennis/sports coaching.

Linh
    Participant

Hello,

Hi I am Linh from Sydney

– I have been looking at undertaking a sports psychology course and this one was free so thought it would be a good way to figure out if it is right for me.
    – fitness/weightlifting/dance
    – want to become a fitness/health coach
    – no experience, but grew up in a world of athletes (my dad and uncles) where sports were a way of living
    – learn about habit, motivation, determination etc to contribute to my fitness coaching

GambasJunior
    Participant

My name is George C. Ambas, Jr. from the Philippines. I’m twenty six years old and I’m currently working on a clinic that handles Overseas Filipino Workers.

I signed for this because it’s free, nah just kidding but it’s one of the reasons why and I like watching different sports.
    My favorite sport/s is boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, BJJ,
    I used to do boxing and Thai kickboxing but I stopped
    No, I don’t have any experience
    Additional knowledge, that’s what I hope to get

Papo
    Participant

Hello, everyone! I am Papo Ong Ante, a Psychologist based in Metro Manila, Philippines.

Why you have signed up for this course? — My time is mostly spent doing clinical psychology work, however, I also sports psychology oriented work with individuals and a women’ professional volleyball team.

What is your favourite sport? — FOOTBALL!!! 🙂

Do you play sport or involved in coaching? I play recreational football and basketball. I am the team sports psychologist of a local professional women’s volleyball team.

Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology? Yes.

What are you hoping to get out of this course? Increase my knowledge, learn from my fellow practitioners, and ultimately become more effective in my role as a Sports Psychologist.

Thanks for having me here!

Raj
    Participant

Hi, I am Raj Pallon, a registered Psychologist from Manila, Philippines.
    And I am taking this course as a form of extended learning.

Lucille Montes
    Participant

Hi, I am Lucile Montes. I am a physician and psychologist. I also have a degree in physical eduction major in dance and want to help dancers improve their performance. Perhaps I can use the principles in sport psychology…

ISAAC
    Participant

Hello I’m Isaac from Nigeria. I decided to sign up for this course to acquire more knowledge and broaden my horizon in sports psychology. I have special interest in Judo and Rugby sports. I am involved in both playing and coaching. I have little experience in Sports Psychology. I hope to acquire more psychological skills that will give me a face lift in my desired sports.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.