Introduce yourself

Home Forums Introduce yourself

This topic contains 401 replies, has 367 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Dickson 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 402 total)
  • Author

Neil Martin
    Keymaster

Say hello. How about sharing something about yourself.

• Why you have signed up for this course?
    • What is your favourite sport?
    • Do you play sport or involved in coaching?
    • Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology?
    • What are you hoping to get out of this course?

Anonymous

Hi – I am Janet.

Carlin Lee
    Participant

Hi I am Carlin from Singapore.
    Why you have signed up for this course?
    I am taking this program as a refresher and updating of the knowledge that I had from my previous program in sport psychology.
    What is your favourite sport? Tenpin Bowling
    Do you play sport or involved in coaching?
    I do play tenpin bowling on a regular basis and also coach some students on mental skills in bowling.
    Do you have any experience of psychology or sport psychology? I did my Masters in Sport Psychology with Tony Morris in Victoria University
    What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    An improved knowledge on mental skills and ability to build a comprehensive package for my athletes.

Neil Martin
    Keymaster

Welcome Janet. I hope you enjoy the course. We officially start next week, but you are welcome to work through the course now at your own pace.

Neil Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Carlin,

Welcome to the course. We officially start next week, but you are welcome to work through the course now at your own pace. The course will definitely help with ten pin bowling skills, particularly the modules on concentration and imagery.

Best wishes

Neil

JessicaT
    Participant

Hi, I am Jess

JhenCeli
    Participant

Hi im Jeanie Celi. I signed up for this course because i wanted to bring out the best in my athletes. Im currently coaching a football team in high school and was an athlete too. I dont have psychology background but im fond of learning about sports psychology. Im looking forward to learning about this course and be able to share it here in my country.

ikreym
    Participant

Hello
    I am Ikram Hameed from Maldives
    I have very little background about sports psychology. Hope i would gaind some more knowledge after this course
    Thank you

marilynwo
    Participant

Hi, I’m Marilyn from Singapore. Very thankful for this course as I’m looking to help serious athletes to gain a better awareness of themselves to do what’s possible during trainings and games.

Being able to be mindful of their actions, they are able to tap into their greatest potential and enjoy their game to fulfill their purpose in sport and life.

My background in sports psychology is only as much as what I’ve learned in my 10 years plus of experience as a national canoe polo athlete and coach.

Other than that, I have no institutional education on sports psychology. Hence, my participation in this lesson. Appreciate your attention, thank you! 🙂

macaseron
    Participant

Hi, I am Mac from Quezon City, Philippines.
    I signed up for this course for my professional development. I want to learn more about sports psychology.
    I love basketball that’s why aside from teaching Physical Education, I am also a basketball coach.
    My only experience of sports psychology was when I took sports psychology subject during college and in the graduate program of the College of Human Kinetics in University of the Philipines Diliman.
    I expect to learn more about the importance and value of mental skills training so I can apply it whenever I teach or coach basketball to elementary students.In this day and age, mental skills training plays a big factor before, during and after the game.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  macaseron.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  macaseron.

Adam Szuster
    Participant

Hi There. My name is Adam. I have been selected to represent my country at inline hockey at a Masters level and this course was posted by one of the other team members. I want to do my best and I think creating a mental training package for myself can only be a good thing!

Karla123
    Participant

Hello, My name is Karla.
    I have just completed my MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology in the UK. Whilst I am waiting to start a PhD I thought it would be useful to attend and take part in useful courses in order to develop my knowledge.
    I enjoy lots of sports, such as football, golf, athletics, and formula1. I am an athlete myself and have represented GB in track and field and I train 6 days a week.
    I’m hoping to develop a better understanding of some areas in sport psychology, and learn from others.

PsyDenmark
    Participant

Hey im Rasmus from Denmark

I am involved in coaching a danish beachvolley ball team, in the best danish league. Im studying a MSc in Sport and Health at the University of Southern Denmark. First of all, I think it´s a great idea to share knowledge and experience across countries. And a great opportunity for me to learn how other cultures uses og sees sport psychology too.
    In Denmark we are taught an ecological holistic approach to sport psychology with an emphasis on culture. Im hoping to get a peak into another approach to sport psychology 🙂

Ajcrome
    Participant

Hello, I’m Andrew from Scotland but in the process of immigrating to Canada.
    I have signed up for this course to refresh and gain knowledge after completing my Masters in Psychology of Sport at The University of Stirling, Scotland. I am also partaking in this course to improve my blog, Clear Mind, Full Performance.
    I play and coach basketball but my main sporting background is in swimming, in which I competed for the West of Scotland.
    I am excited to share my knowledge of sport psychology with everyone and learn from others!

JorgeS
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m Jorge from Portugal. My favourite sport is tennis and I would like to know more about sport psychology

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.